Tuesday 1 November 2011

Here comes our princess

25.10.2011 marks the day my hubby, Bat-Erdene and myself stepped foot into the world of parenthood. Our baby, Angela Bat-Erdene was born at 0518am weighing 3.4kg. The labor didn't last long but it took away all the strength that I had. When the mid-wife put her on my chest, I could only look at her and smile. I could barely move my hands to even touch her then the mid-wife took her away to clean up and I fell asleep again.

Having inhaled too much entonox during episiotomy made me so groggy up till noon that day that I couldn't even take care of my baby. Even when the nurses came to my bed to check on me, they all asked the same question, Ok ke tak budak ni? (Is this girl ok?)

but by noon, I was much stronger and when my hubby and mom came to see me, I was well enough to talk to them and have a real look at my baby,

The feeling of holding her in my arms was overwhelming. I think it was the same too for my mom and my hubby. Looking at her sleeping peacefully brought tears to my eyes and made me wonder, how in the world did this miracle happen? It is a magical moment indeed.

No comments: