Friday 2 May 2008

My Life as a Waitress


My life as a waitress. What is so interesting about it?
Hmmm... I've never worked as a waitress before, I've never worked in a restaurant before (well, my mom's stall does not count yah) and I can't speak Japanese. So, what is so interesting?

I know! Being able to say, "Excuse me sir, menu. Excuse me ma'am, menu." Huh. After you say this a few time, you would have got bored of it. Well, that's part of my duty. Put the napkin across their lap and give them the menu. Then its laying out the saucer plates and then wait for them to order. But that's not my job yet cos I am still not familiar with the menu list and operating the hand till.

It was not really a busy day because it was a weekday. So there was not much running around.

There are times when I just stand there and think of my family. Is really a very sad feeling to be so far away from them. And thinking, back in Malaysia, I was the one enjoying the meal. But here, I have to do the serving. Haizz...

Anyway, after end of my first day, I can't feel my feet anymore. It was sore and I just can't wait to go home. 4hrs of standing and walking seemed short but when I was told I can go, I am more than happy. I just want to go home, take a hot shower and have a warm cup of oatmeal. And that is just what I did.

Well, nothing eventful on my first day. Didn't break any plates or glasses. Phew!!!
Oh yah, Liverpool player, Fabio Aurelio, came to the restaurant on my 3rd day here. Hehe.

1 comment:

Shereen K. said...

Nice outfit! I understand the tension...I know I'm not meant to be a waitres serving ppl. I helped at a relative's restaurant for two days. I fumbled with the orders and toppled a drink but luckily the patron was cool with it! Haha...